[6pack] Hardtop Front Mounting Nut

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 31 08:14:14 MDT 2008

Here's the update on my search for replacement hardtop front mounting square
nuts that are installed inside the front cages on the front edge of the
hardtop.  The cages are welded to the hardtop on three sides with the front
flap available for bending up to remove the nut.  The nut is a 5/16"-24 fine
thread and is not available at your local hardware or specialty fastener
shop (at least not mine unless I ordered 3200 of them).  Thank you to fellow
6pack member Bill Pugh for steering me to http://www.mcmaster.com
<http://www.mcmaster.com/>   They have them in stock in packages of 50 for
$7.95 plus shipping.  I ordered them and they are nearly an identical match
width height etc.  I kept a few for myself and sent the rest along with my
drilled out original to Dave H. at TRF so they have them in stock.  They
also didn't have any available prior.  The part number at McMaster is
<http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.asp?searchstring=93975A220&sesnextrep=3011
30126156969&tab=find&FastTrack=False&WRCntxt=OrdHist> 93975A220 and the part
number for TRF is NQ2708.

All the best,

Jim Henningsen

75 TR6