[6pack] Front Hub Question

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 31 08:02:30 MDT 2008

Well the summer heat is kicking in so it is time to do some work on the TR6.
Yes - we do our "winter work" in the summer down here.  One of my first
projects is to fix a vibration that has been bugging me since I bought the
car many years ago. It only happens at 45 mph and you feel it in the
steering wheel and whole car.  I have already eliminated u joints, drive
shaft, wheels, tires, balancing, axles, diff etc over the years since they
have all been switched out.  I believe the culprit is a warped front
hub(advice from fellow enthusiast).  Is there any easy way to check the hub
beyond looking at it and spinning it around?  Also, how do you check a used
hub before installing to make sure it is true. I didn't want to spring for
new hubs and I have a "nice" looking used set.  Many thanks!

Jim Henningsen

75 TR6

Maitland, FL

.