[6pack] paranoid daily driver

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sat May 17 07:07:40 MDT 2008

At 08:48 AM 5/17/2008, you wrote:
>Actually, my other car is a 90 volvo 240 wagon.

Small world...here is 4/5 of the fleet I own: http://fishplate.org/vehicles/

Not pictured is the VW Campmobile and Double Cab Pickup that I
haven't driven in years...

>I think defensive driving is the key with these cars.

My theory is that the rarer the car, the more likely you will keep
your head in what you are doing...  The sports cars, being more
maneuverable and only driven in good weather, give me a better chance
of seeing trouble coming.  I hope.  Driving a Spitfire, and looking
up to ~everyone~ including guys on riding lawn mowers, is a constant
reminder to pay attention to your surroundings.

As for the VWs, the other John Muir* said "You should always drive a
VW Bus as if you were tied to the front bumper like an Aztec
sacrifice."  Which is essentially true, and why I don't drive them any more.

* http://www.amazon.com/How-Keep-Your-Volkswagen-Alive/dp/0912528338

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354