[6pack] paranoid daily driver

Greg Perry rgperry at earthlink.net
Sat May 17 09:24:54 MDT 2008

Hello List,

I would think that driving a lbc would be safer today than when the vehicle was manufactured.  Modern vehicles have anti-lock brakes, crumple zones, warning backup/area buzzers and stability controls.  These items may help the modern vehicle driver during an accident with a lbc reducing the damage/ injury to the lbc and driver.  There where larger and heavier vehicles on the road when the lbc were produced that did not have the modern safety features with crumple zones.  Now the disclaimer, there are always going to be situations that the lbc and driver will be on the losing end in an accident.  Drivers of modern vehicles lose their lives and total their vehicles today just like in the past when the lbc's were produced. It boils down to when your time on earth is up!  It may not be when you are driving your lbc!

I personally give the car in front of me a count of 2-3 seconds following distance when driving in city/ interstate traffic.  This allows my TR6 enough distance to stop.

Daily driver and my .02 cents,
Greg Perry