[6pack] Fire Extinguishers

Philip E. Barnes peb3 at cornell.edu
Wed May 7 07:31:26 MDT 2008

>I'm sure there are many opinions on this but can someone recommend a
>good quality, compact, automotive-type fire extinguisher? I've seen
>some at the shows, including nice (expensive) chrome-plated jobs,
>but wasn't sure if they were the correct size and Type....

Go to the local hardware store and get a good quality 10-B-C metal
valve extinguisher. If it has a hose, even better. The little chrome
things have enough oomph to put out a lit cigarette. Mount it in the
trunk horizontally so the powder doesn't pack down. Take it out
occasionally and shake it to keep the powder loose in the can,
otherwise nothing will come out when you really need it.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3 at cornell.edu)
Keeneyville, PA