[6pack] Fire Extinguishers

Oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 07:38:20 MDT 2008

i carry mine behind the seat.  just a small one from home depot.  i had to
use it once.  trust me - you want it close.  i had been cleaning the engine
and carbs, and left a solvent soaked rag sitting on the exhaust.
fortunately all i did was melt off the vacuum line.

also - take a good look at it and read the instructions.  another time many
years ago i saw smoke under the hood and by the time i figured out how to
use the fire extinguisher i realized that the air conditioning compressor
had self destructed and i didn't need it.  a good ending to a potentially
bad situation.