[6pack] Wanted - dizzy/oil pump drive and a warning about new oil pumps

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Mon Jun 30 18:24:01 MDT 2008

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks to everyone for the many responses
that I received after my SOS for a dizzy drive gear. I was able to borrow one
from a fellow club member out of his spare engine so I could get mine started
(and discover a major oil leak) and Chuck Arnold was kind enough to send me a
replacement which arrived today. FWIW the newly rebuilt engine had its maiden
voyage today and while I cant yet test its full potential I can already see
that the time, money, pain, anxiety, blood, sweat and tears (ok, it never came
to tears but it was close a few times) expended since last December have been
worth it and I owe Bob Lang a special thanks for his guidance and hands on
help as I would never had tackled this project alone.

Stan