[6pack] Wanted - dizzy/oil pump drive and a warning about new oil pumps

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Sat Jun 21 21:28:52 MDT 2008

This was a standard TR6 oil pump. The inner lobed part was stuck solid due to
a fragment of aluminum. I'm not 100% sure if the fragment was between the
lobes and the cylinder or between the cylinder and the case but the net result
was a totally wedged shaft. The stress on the dizzy drive gear sheared the pin
and fractured the gear. With the fragment removed (and the top of the shaft
reground after the hammering) the pump turns normally.

Stan