[6pack] Repro Fuel Pumps

Bruce Moxon bamxn at triad.rr.com
Sun Jun 22 15:59:24 MDT 2008

I just had a repro fuel pump (w/ priming lever)  fail  in less than 2 years. I
purchased it through LBCC (Moss). Upon dismantling to see what the problem
was, the inlet valve had come loose and had carved out the interior of the
pump leaving plenty of metal filings. Also, the plastic screen filter was not
fitted correctly when assembled and was all bent out of shape so had probably
not been doing much filtering.

I am trying to determine if this is common to these pumps or did I just get a
bad one. Both Moss and TRF sell these type of pumps. TRF's pump costs
substantially more and says it is made in Italy. I did not find any markings
on the Moss pump identifying country of origin.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these fuel pumps?