[6pack] Choke Cables for SU HS6 Conversion

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Thu Jun 26 14:35:58 MDT 2008

   When I did my SU conversion on my 75 TR6 my original front Cable was able
to link up fine
with the front Choke (enrichment Lever). I left the rear cable to perch
itself in front of the rear Carb
to look like it was actually doing something.

   While the subject of fuel Bowls was brought up in the context of this
conversion, there seems to be some
controversy as to the necessity of changing them to the AUD2140 (Spitfire)
bowl when doing them. Other than
just getting them to sit upright, I've heard contrary opinions from 2
different SU guru's. My AUC1310 Bowls,
as used on TR4A's and Volvo's were just swapped from one end to the other to
get them vertical and seem to run
fine with the BAE needles and K&N Filters. The other school of thought is
that they're both sitting too high and can alter
mixture over the range of the Metering Needles travel. Anyone else heard
anything on the subject. I'm rebuilding a set now
with the Spit Bowls, but I don't understand why it's necessary.
Cheers,
Wayne Lee
Douglas, MA
58 TR3