[6pack] Wanted - dizzy/oil pump drive and a warning about new oil pumps

Ruffner, James A *HS JAR7U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sat Jun 21 21:19:07 MDT 2008

What kind of oil pump are you using?  All the pumps I've seen on the TRs are
outer cylinder with the inner "lobed" rotor piece that is driven by the
distributer/shaft/cam.  It is not going to be "jammed."  Anything big enough
to jam it will break the "tongue" on the shaft, or crack the whole body.  Not
likely.  I've seen them with a washer having been sucked into the intake (the
screen had dropped off the intake) and all it did was wear a groove on the end
of the rotor and outer cylinder.

Also, you mention aluminum, and a "vane" construction.  Are you using some
kind of after-market design?