[6pack] Interior Sound Insulation

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Jun 16 14:05:36 MDT 2008

Dave,
My guess is any butyl based sound deadening material works, some better then
others and price may or may not be a factor in how good a job it does. What
it really comes down to is............how good are your old ears to discern
the differences? I definitely hear a differences in how the doors sound/feel
when closed but a lot of that sound improvement was in re-doing the window
channels and eliminating those rattles. It's funny but every time I take my
car off the road for the winter rehab work, I forget how it sounded before
and I've usually introduced some new sounds. The TBI conversion changed the
exhaust note a little and brought into play the clicking of the injectors.
This year the Toyota tranny, Nissan diff and all new rear suspension
bushings created even newer sounds. But the bottom line is.....with the top
down and the exhaust doing its thing......I can't hear anything anyway!

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD