[6pack] Ride height question

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Jun 2 00:14:41 MDT 2008

Jim, Shawn and Mike---I had forgotten about the headlight heights. My
own car is (illegally) two inches too low at the front bumper, so
probably the lights are also. I do recall having to adjust the beams up
as far as they would go. as the car has a slight rake on it. Front
bumper 14" off the ground, and 16" at the rear. That's the way, uh
huh-uh huh, I like it.

I doubt that this offends people as much as getting blinded by the high
lights as seen on many SUVs and off- road vehicles.

Dick

E-mail message

From: ebers at wpa.net(Jim) Date: Sun, Jun 1, 2008, 10:48pm (PDT+3) To:
tr6taylor at webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor), mblunsfordsr at yahoo.com Cc:
6pack at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [6pack] Ride height question
Ok, I guess I will tell you what happened to my NEW car in 1971. I was
mailed a recall to have the car serviced because of the headlights
not-being the correct height from the pavement. The fix was to install
spacers in the front springs. I think the height was 1 or 2 inches low.
Jim
71 TR6 Jasmine