vtr

How do you hook up an electric tach?

To: Vintage Triumph Register List <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: How do you hook up an electric tach?
From: D & A Jesudowich <dannij@localnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 11:13:02 -0500
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Ok..a simple question, I'm sure..but never had to deal with it until
now. I recently picked up an N.O.S  XJ6 Smiths electric tach (smaller
than the stock one, I know) on EBay which I'm going to install in my
TR250 because of a recent switchover to a Mallory Dual Point distributor
(no tach drive). The question is this..how do I hook it up? I was told
to run a line to the coil..is this correct? If so, which terminal?
Anything else needed (grounding, etc.)?
(If any of you haven't seen the offerings by redqueen3 on EBay, I
suggest that you search his seller's page out..he has literally
thousands of N.O.S. parts in his shop (mainly gauges,
relays,thermostats, sender units etc.) for sale on an on-going basis on
EBay at great prices! Many Triumph-specific.)
Alex
TR250
CD2976L