vtr

Re: FW: VTR Regional in plain text

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>
Subject: Re: FW: VTR Regional in plain text
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 97 15:39:09 EDT
Cc: "vtr@Autox.Team.Net" <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
On Jun 6,  1:50pm, Andrew Mace wrote:
> Perhaps this is a good topic for discussion here on the VTR list. Anyone
> have any feelings about:
>
> a. A VTR Regional event being so close in time to a National, i.e.
> Harrisburg Regional v. Ft. Worth National?
>
> OR
>
> b. A VTR Regional event being so close in geography to a National, i.e.
> April's Regional by Hill Country Triumph Club in Georgetown (TX) v. July's
> National by Red River Triumph Club in Ft. Worth?

Frankly, both instances feel like a bad idea to me.  I suspect that
either type of competition would detract from the National to some
degree.  In my case, the National (as well as some regional auto-Xs)
prevent me from attending the Harrisburg regional, though.  Which
brings up a separate issue - are these regionals a relatively new
thing for the VTR?  I don't remember ever hearing about these
regionals until a year or two ago, but then I'm kinda oblivious
sometimes....

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm