Re: AIR COMPRESSOR LITIGATION

To: lwdent@localnet.com, JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: AIR COMPRESSOR LITIGATION
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:10:47 EST
In a message dated 3/10/04 9:34:18 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
lwdent@localnet.com writes:
Years ago, back when I was single, I shared a house with the Chief
Engineer of chassis at International Harvester.  They had just started
building the Scout.  It had a folding windshield and they all seemed to
leak in a hard rain.  Heck, they even leaked in high humidity.

One day Lee came home mad as heck.  Seems a farmer had bought a new
scout with folding windshield, and you guessed it, it leaked.

He took it to the local binder dealer for a fix.  After the "fix' he
wrote a real hate letter to I.H. and that was what my roomie was ticked about.

Seems the dealer had taken a big punch and a hammer and knocked 4 holes
in the floorboards on passenger and driver side.

Says the dealer,  "there, it's fixed".

Shortly afterwards the folding windshield was dropped from the design.
Sounds like the same remedy used to correct the Bricklin's famous leaking
problems--   holes in the floor.

Tom Butters