Re: SpeedChannel Programming

To: Jeff Brown <jeffb49@yahoo.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SpeedChannel Programming
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:56:24 -0500
I found it interesting that in their Poll section, they say that:  "When we
started speedvision.com on Jan. 1, 2000 and now that we have rolled over
into speedtv.com, it became increasingly evident to us that the bulk of our
fan base came from the Formula 1 aficionados of the world."

Why they think that their television channel is so incredibly different I
don't know.  i do think that they will continue to ignore petitions, etc,
and that the only feedback that they will take heed of is economic - so
cancelling is one way to protest.  I also think that they continue to offer
the best coverage of F1 (in the US), road racing, rally, European racing
and historic racing that's actually available today.  If it's not as good
as it was, or if it's not as good as I'd like, or if they show NASCAR to
the point of nausea, it's still better than any alternative.

Brian

At 10:26 AM 2/28/02, Jeff Brown wrote:
>Ok, everyone, it's getting a little quiet again here
>on the list...so I'm going to raise the question once
>again about the recent programming changes to
>Speedvision...er, RedNeckvision, er...SpeedChannel...
>
>Has anyone else decided to cancel their
>satellite/cable package which includes SpeedChannel,
>in revolt over the programming changes?  I mean, come
>on, they were showing a three-hour tape last night of
>the NASCAR race from Sunday!!!  I cancelled mine over
>the weekend, but unfortunately, it's still not gone!
>
>Opinions, anyone?
>
>Jeff Brown
>
>=====
>Jeff Brown
>
>jeffb49@Yahoo.com
>(412) 341-0533 (Home)
>(412) 963-4848 (Work)
>(801) 992-6320 (Cell/FAX)
>Yahoo! Greetings - Send FREE e-cards for every occasion!

Brian Evans
Director, Canada
MCI Wholesale Internet Services