Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?

To: Bob Schmitt <bob.schmitt@sainthood.com>
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?
From: David Lee Mericle <ok3wire@ixpres.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:16:52 -0700
Many moons ago I had visions of using my '71 Ferrari 365GT 2+2 to tow my '69
Lotus 61 Formula Ford.  The Queen Mother was rated for top speed at 154 mph but
the fastest that I drove it was about 140 on a motorway in England and the
Godzilla course at Riverside with plenty of throttle left.  The Lotus could have
actually gone faster on the trailer than on the track.

The conversion would have been fairly easy but involved cutting two 3 " holes in
the rear bodywork.  Just couldn't cut that beautiful Farina body.

Cheers,

Dave Mericle
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES