Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage?
From: "Bob Schmitt" <bob.schmitt@sainthood.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:23:15 -0700
Hi all -

The tow vehicle topic comes up periodically, but I don't recall anyone
suggesting any "vintage" tow vehicles.  I bought my '66 Imperial LeBaron
with the possible thought of towing my vintage car (IF it ever gets
completed, IF I decide to race it, IF...).  Except for the brakes, I think
it has the basics which can be improved - 440 engine, solid transmission,
very beefy frame, weight over 5,000.  A while back, I was looking for specs
on the factory towing options and got these suggestions specifically to
improve an Imperial for towing - they probably can apply to any older, good
platform:

http://teamchicago.com/imperial/imptowng.htm

And how about a "convertible" Airstream, with a hinged back lid, for a
smaller race car carrier?

Bob

/