Re: Wheel Lug nuts

To: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Wheel Lug nuts
From: Chad Raynal <chad.raynal@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:53:33 -0800 (PST)
Hello Chuck,

>  I have been looking for two types of wheel nuts for 7/16-20
>  studs.  The first is the normal American taper seat and the second
>  would be a straight shoulder shank for mag wheels. I need a long
>  hex surface; about an inch and a half to two inches and they
>  should be open-ended.

I know that PS Engineering, makes a long hex surface, straight shoulder
shank lug nut.  Phil Schmidt (PS) usually sells them for use on his
reproduction torque thrust (D-spoke) and Minilite reproduction wheels.  Phil
can be contacted at:

  P S Engineering Inc
  2675 Skypark Dr,
  Torrance, CA 90505-5313
  Phone: (310)534-4477

I know that Guldstrand Engineering has made these style lug nuts (in tapered
seat) for a few friends of mine as well.  I don't believe they list all the
options in their catalogs, but a couple friends had some built to spec in
the past.

If you do find out more information on sources for these styles of lug nuts,
I'd love to hear about them.

All the best, and love those Corvairs.

-Chad

Send a cool gift with your E-Card