Re: Clarification on Valve Cup information..

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clarification on Valve Cup information..
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:36:04 -0800
Oddly enough, the Alfa cups are almost exactly the same size as the
Jag cups (1.377").

Would it be possible (or reasonable) to install reducing bushings in
the head to run a smaller cup? It depends on the width of the cam
lobe and the lift. In fitting high-lift cams, Alfas need to have
grooves cut in the bores for the cups so the cam won't hit the head.
The other thing to consider is the valve spring diameter. If the
springs won't fit inside the smaller cup, there's no point.