Clarification on Valve Cup information..

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clarification on Valve Cup information..
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 14:56:32 -0800
I've had some feedback on my request for Jag valve cup information, but no
dimensions yet.  To clarify, what I'm looking for is a set of 8 valve cups
(similar to Alfa Romeo and Jag DOHC tappets or cups that ride against the
cam lobe) that are close to 1.750" outside diameter.  Does anyone know if
Jag, AR or some other manufacturer's valve cups come close to that
dimension?

Also to clarify, this is not a Jag engine.  I have a 1940s Champ car fitted
with a HAL DOHC racing engine built by Harry Hosterman of Dayton, Ohio.  The
engine is similar to the well known but more successful
Miller/Offenhauser/Meyer&Drake engine in overall design.  Obviously, I
cannot run down to the local dealer and find suitable cups unless I turn up
something close.....<grin>

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon, WA USA