Re: Successful passing.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Successful passing.
From: John.Desantis@inficon.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:21:51 -0500
     I have a  good friend who never makes any effort to qualify well for
starting position.  He is a 35 year veteran
of racing and I could not understand why he always wanted to start so far
back.  As my skills improved enough such
that I could qualify ahead of him, I finally realized he would lay back
just so that he would have some one to play with at the start of the "real"
race.  He always manages to humble me at the start no mater where he
starts.

     So my point is that I agree - we can't all be front runners so we make
are fun any way we can.