Re: TR-3A - correct camber ??

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A - correct camber ??
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:27:51 -0500
Your shop manual is correct for the stock chassis configuration.

On a "normal" car of current vintage, what they say is true -- but this is a
40-year-old car with front suspension design from that era.

What interests me about your question is, what is the chassis shop planning to
do to get the change in camber? There are no adjustments for this on the TR3
chassis. I wonder what they are going to bend to achieve it? I hope that your
car is still fully assembled, with the bolt-in tubular front brace between the
shock towers -- because if they bend the front end without that tube in it, you
will never again be able to install the tube (and it is very important).

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt