TR-3A - correct camber ??

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3A - correct camber ??
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:17:28 -0700
     My '60 TR-3A is in a body shop to have the frame straightened and two
cracks welded.   Both the frame guy and my mechanic say the static laden
camber for the front wheels should be set to 0 degrees.
      However, I found a note in the shop manual indicating that static
laden camber should be 2 degrees positive.  It also says the camber at full
bump will be 1/2 degree and at full droop, 1 degree.
       I find the manual info to be puzzling and at odds with my limited
understanding of suspension geometry, so I'm inclined to go with the advice
I have been given.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem?
Thanks.
       John Cowan

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan