Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA

To: lwdent@fwi.com, Rogsie@telesistech.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:34:22 EDT
In a message dated 05/09/2000 3:53:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lwdent@fwi.com writes:

<<  "Tirebird" and we did NOT have a log book for eather
 vehicle and we ran Daytona, Sebring and both Trans Am and SCCA Nationals
 in the cars.

 Must have been 72 when they started.

 Larry Dent

To verify what Pat Ryan and Larry have said, 1971 was the first year for SCCA
logbooks. As SVRA Technical Director I have reviewed many logbooks and have
never seen one issued before the fall of 1971. The roll bar stamp was part of
the deal.

Some people have upgraded rolls bars and the numbers are lost. I always
recommend that the piece with the number be kept and incorporated into the
new bar, if possible. I have verified cars that had a stamped bar from
another car, and we found one car with 3 different bar stamps and SCCA log
books. Apparently each time the car changed hands the was treated as a new
car to SCCA.

There were driver logbooks because I had one as my novice permit in 1966 but
that wouldn't help id a car.

Jack Woehrle