Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Trying to race date 1959 MGA
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Co, 09 Dat 2000 07:39:12 -0400
I believe SCCA required log books a couple of years earlier on "Pro" cars than
they did on club cars. Nationally, I think club cars will have logbooks from
'72 on. Can Am, Trans-Am and F5000 cars may have log books to 70 or so. Some
regions may have required log books on club cars before 72 too, but not many,
since I can remember resistance to their use.
Roger

>>> Walt Boeninger <Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com> 05/05/00 11:54AM >>>
My understanding is SCCA started using log books around 1970
in SFR.  Our TA car was raced in SFR from 1968-1975, the original
logbook is from the early 70s.   I'll check the number.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT