Re: Race Gas vs. Av Gas??

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Race Gas vs. Av Gas??
From: Marc Robertson <marc@blackberry-ridge.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:25:22 -0600
A number of years ago when I put my vintage vee engine together, I was
advised by a well known vee engine builder that they recommended 100
octane low lead aviation fuel.  I realize that this is a much different
engine than the high compression engine you are referring to -- I am
offering it as just another data point.

But obtaining it probably varies from place to place.  I have no problem
filling gas cans at the local small airport.  It is now automated so
that all your need is a credit card, answer yes when it asks if you have
grounded your airplane and make up a tail number.  They know exactly why
I am buying it, and my impression is that there is nothing illegal about
using it for any off-highway purpose.  Except maybe in California --
then all bets are off.  I briefly pondered the implications of making up
a tail number, then realized that an ultralight aircraft would have no
tail number, so the question itself was a little silly.

Marc Robertson