Re: Hoosier Buildup

To: AnalogMike@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hoosier Buildup
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:35:49 -0600

On 11/10/99 you wrote:
>Take a slow cooldown lap also,
>so the tires will not be hot
>enough to pick up everything
>in the pits and paddock on the
>way to your spot.

Interesting observation, Mike. A few other people mentioned specific cooldown
procedures, also. There were many comments that I needed to up my cornering
speeds and get to a higher slip angle.

Re: cooldown laps - on some race weekends where there are alot of cars in alot
of groups (read "time constraints"), they'll throw a checkered flag at the last
corner when the practice/qualifying/warm-up session is over. One example would
be the 'BRIC' at Road America last July. So, there I'd be with:
a) hot tires
b) hot brakes
c) hot engine
and I'd have to immediately back off, go off line, and head for the pit
lane/paddock area. This may well have caused my problems on that particular
(mid-90 degree) 3 day weekend.

Thanks for your ( and everyone's) input. I've got numerous ideas to consider.
And maybe this discussion will help others new to the sport as well.

Greg
VSCDA Grp. 2E
Bugeye #517