Watkins Glen Motor Racing Research Library

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Watkins Glen Motor Racing Research Library
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:17:19 -0400
While I was in Watkins Glen last weekend, I visted with Phil McCray to
see the library and donate a scrapbook from the 50s-60s I had gotten
from a friend. I told Phil I would try to spread the word on what the
Library is all about and encourage assistance.
This is a wonderful project to provide a research resource for racing.
They are interested in acquiring books, periodicals (but the rarer ones,
they already have sets of all the major magazines), scrapbooks,
clippings, rare and unusual photos, etc. that can add to their
collections.
If you have anything you think might be of interest to them or know
someone who does,  contact Phil at research@racingarchives.org or
607-535-9044.
If you want to know more about what they are doing, see their website
http://www.racingarchives.org/index.html
And if you are in the area, stop by!
Jim

--