Nomad / Winkleman / Palliser FF information

To: vintage-race-list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Nomad / Winkleman / Palliser FF information
From: Steve Gibson <gibson@ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:37:44 +0800
Still hunting information about the Winkleman/Palliser WDF-4 FF
All I can tell so far is that it's not common and little is known!

According to "Anatomy & Development of Formula Ford Race Cars," .....

(Had never quite got to the book store to obtain a copy of ADFFRC, after
David Lee Mericle's email a few days back saying that it was out of
print, I checked with Amazon ... same story ... fortunately a local
bookstore had one copy on the shelf!)

.....the design rights, jigs etc for the Winkleman/Palliser were sold to
Mark Konig / Ian Heath around `73/74 who produced FFs under the Nomad
name. ADFFRC implies that the Nomad KHF/1 (Konig-Heath-Ford?) is the
same as the Winkleman WDF-4, later models were KHF/2 (`74 -`76) and
FWC81/16 (`81).

Other information I have indicates that the Winkleman WDF-4 may have
also been badged as a Winkleman PDF-4.

So to cut to the chase...can anybody provide details about the Nomad FFs
or Winkleman/Palliser of any kind apart from the WDF-1/2/3 ?

Regards,

Steve Gibson

Email: gibson@ccis.adisys.com.au
       steve.gibson@computer.org
Snail: 20-22 Stirling Hwy
       Nedlands
       Western Australia  6009
Nbrs : (tel) +61 8 9333 8917    (fax) +61 8 9333 8889