Overseas Motors Corporation

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Overseas Motors Corporation
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:46:02 EDT
Guys/Gals:
I'm trying to research Overseas Motors of Dallas, TX, who fielded a race team
of MGB's during the very late 60's and very early 70's.  Anybody have any
contacts who might have some information on the company or the race team?  I
know the company name still exists, but is now owned by a Rolls dealer and
nobody in the current organization had any affliation with the original
company while it was a British Leyland dealer.

I'm doing this to document one of their former race cars, an MGB.  I know
they also ran Mini's at one time as well, known as the "Purple People Eaters,
and at least one of those cars is still in existance.  I also know that two
of the former drivers were Wayne Rutherford and Richard McDaniels.  Anybody
got any ideas on how to get in touch with either of those guys?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Eric Swanger
11109 Asbury Chapel Rd.
Huntersville, NC  28078