Re: Classic & Sportscar

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Classic & Sportscar
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:16:30 -0400
When I was in college, my chemistry prof., who was a corvair nut and more
than a little off-the-wall, put a big block Toronado power package in a
corvair convertible for his wife to drive.  Apparantly she wanted automatic
transmission, and he happened to pick up the Toronado at a junk yard for
about $50, so he just did what came naturally, I guess.

Brian

At 12:03 AM 5/28/99 -0400, you wrote:

><<
>
> <<
>  There is a V8 Corvair in Rochester, but I think it is of the 215 cu.in.
>  variety.  They were real SLEEPERS and just what you need for the Stop Light
>  GP. A friend of mine in the MGCC wants to build a V8 Corvair and when he
>  gets ready, I'll give you a call.
>   >>
> Dick,
>
> On the subject of Corvairs:  I read the posting of someone (I don't remember
>who) who said that they had a Corvair with a 327 V8 in the back seat, made by
>turing the transaxle around.  I keep trying to picture this and all I come up
>with is one speed forward and four in reverse.  Can anyone clear me up on
>this?
>
> Rod Schweiger >>

Brian Evans
Director, Global Sales