Re: Corvair V-8

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Corvair V-8
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 01:47:10 EDT
There are several ways to do this swap, but the most famous was the Crown
conversion kit. Last I heard, it was still available from Clarks' Corvair
Parts (413/625-9776). It works by using a shorter input shaft that allows the
V-8 to be bolted (via an adapter) to the front (nose) end of the Corvair
transaxle, which stays in it's original orientation front to rear, so it
turns in the correct direction. A 1966 or later transaxle is needed. The
tranny uses Saginaw gears and is good for about 300 hp before they start to
lose longevity.
Harold Pace
1959 Devin SS
1972 Mallock U2