Re: Corvair engine expert needed

To: VEENET@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corvair engine expert needed
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 17:06:37 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/99 5:22:42 PM !!!First Boot!!!, VEENET@aol.com writes:

<< reetings,
 I ran the Wine Country Classic at Sears Point this past weekend in my Devin
 Special.....Pretty nice event, good weather, lots of interesting cars
 etc...etc... But in the Sunday afternoon race I broke the Corvair motor
 ....loss of power and then an intermittent unfriendly noise so I shut it
 down....
 What I'm looking for is a Corvair engine expert in the SF Bay area.....Any
 leads?
 Jerry Burr

Jerry-

There was a place called Corvairs Unlimited down in SF, still in biz a year
or so ago.

If you don't think its the bottom end, pull the heads as the valve seats were
noted for falling out of the heads on a regular basis. Definite lack-o-power
and noise! (Sometimes they would "heal" if the seat fell back into the hole,
and seemingly run ok for a confusing very short time)

Yenko Stinger look-a-like long gone...but always wanted a real one...
        Nick in Nor Cal