Re: MG car club

To: Rssquire@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG car club
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:42:21 EDT

<< Rod,
        I know that you have a new engine in the B and it is a long time
until Sears Point, but, I once again would like to encourage you to bring
your TD to Buchannan.  We need this to be an "early car" event.  Also, the
event is going to be tailored toward the older cars, so the may not get the B
in, but I am know the TD will be able to run.
I have already sent in my application for the MGB to run.  I gave your
proposal lost of considetation and the bottom line is that my MGB is my race
car and my TD is my touring car.  And don't get me wrong, I love my TD and it
would be great fun to do battle with you and your TD on any track.  Finally,
my driving suit is red and my TD is green with green interior, I would look
like Father Christmass racing that car.
I have talked with Dan and we feel that we will be able to get an "on the
spot" provisional approval for eligible drivers and their cars.

        I was at Skip's yesterday and he said that he didn't know about the
MG car club display and drive around at Buchannan.  Do you know who I could
contact to get the word out to those guys, and as well, the Sorry
Safari....and is the Abingdon Rough riders still around?
if you check the CCs on this email, you will see that all the major players
and editors of all the local MG clubs have a copy and are aware of the event

 Thanks again for your consideration....Rob >>

Best regards,

Rod Schweiger

P. S.

Anyone who would like more information on this very unique MG event can
either contact Rob Squire or Rod Schweiger.  And for all you pre-war MG nuts,
 this event is the national get together for the MMM Registry.