Do I need an Accusump

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Do I need an Accusump
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:25:41 EDT
Hello list,

I'm sure this thread/question has come up in the past, but somehow I'm sure I
missed it.

I'm building a new 5 main full race motor for my '64 MGB and I'm wondering if
I should install an Accusump.  I know that it is suspost to provide oil
pressure for start up and when the oil pump pick-up is uncovered during hard
cornering or braking.  I've read that the chamber is a smooth cylinder on the
inside and that there is a piston that seals the cylinder and provides the
pressure.  But:

1. How does it work?
2. Is the engine supplying engine oil pressure in the cylinder when it is
running for future start ups?
3. What size accusump do I need.  I will be running an 8 quart pan on my
1800cc 5 main "B".
4. Should I buy a manual and mount it in the passenger side floor?/or buy the
electric model and mount it in the engine bay, perhaps where the heater was
on the firewall.

I hope some of you can help me out with these questions.

Many thanks in advance,

Rod Schweiger
"64 MGB Sebring Replica