Re: 1960 Mk2 Jaguar Roll Cage

To: Jeff Warner <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>
Subject: Re: 1960 Mk2 Jaguar Roll Cage
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:04:52 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Jeff Warner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interesting in obtaining any suggestions, specifications, or better yet
>... pictures.....  of roll cages for 1960 Mk2 Jaguar sedans.
> I am building a car for vintage racing here in Texas.
>
> I have never built a roll cage myself and have talked to a few people but
>would definitely like to have a very firm idea of what I want before I hand my
>car over to a shop.
>
> I realize this is a very specific make and model request and most on the list
>may not be interested so replies to direct me is fine.  It may be necessary
>anyway as the list will not accept scans.
>
> My goal is first and foremost safety and not really any concern of "Vintage"
>at least for the roll cage.
> I can not however send the roll cage through the firewall to comply with club
>rules.
>
> Old pictures in my Jaguar book collection of some of the vintage Mk2's in do
>not show much of anything for roll cages.
>
> Thank You!!!
>
> Jeff Warner
> San Antonio, TX

        Jeff,

        I have photos of the inside of Edgar Boles' MKII and its roll cage
        somewhere at home. I'll see if I can dig them up. The car is
        prepped by Dave (I think) Hinton in Florida. I'll see if I have
        his number at home as well. I needed the info for a model of Boles'
        Jag I was working on. The model project got sidelined but, I still
        have all the pix.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois