Re: Nomex Sox

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Nomex Sox
From: Bill Dalton <billd13@essex1.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:48:28 -0500
Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> Speaking of holes....a friend of mine was sitting in the cockpit of his
> car fiddling with something when they called a session. He strapped in
> and went out for practice. When he got back the officials wanted to know
> where his Sprite hood was....he said it was on the car...they said "no
> it isnt".
>
> He said he noticed it ran a little cooler that way.  :-)

I was the pit tech guy who asked the question. When he said it was on
the car, I proceeded to stick my arm, up to the elbow, down inside his
engine compartment... The look on his face was absolutely priceless!
I could just envision him trying to remember if he had put it on and had
it come off without his noticing, or if he would find it back in his
paddock space.

Bill D.