Re: Formula Junior discussion

To: "EHSMITH.US.ORACLE.COM" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Formula Junior discussion
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:20:16 -0400
> Posted by Bill Dolson on August 24, 1997 at 15:20:05:
>
> I have some real concerns about the future of Historic Formula Junior
> racing, at least in North America. The number of Juniors which appear
> on the grid has been consistently dropping and I see no real efforts
> or interest in reversing the trend. These are superb cars and the
> Junior Market is very depressed at the moment.
> What can be done to revive Formula Junior here?

Well, always one to throw in my own two cents... Up here in Canada,
Formula Ford is mainly responsible for the demise of Jrs.
They're cheaper to race and cheaper to maintain.
We held a feature for Formula Jrs. at our Mosport event the 1st weekend
in June. - Along with the usual Monopost Racing grid, they got their own
feature race...other than 5 from our own club (VARAC), only 3 came from
the states.
Needless to say it was a less than stirring race.
Why didn't they come when they were a feature? Beats me
Mike