Formula Junior discussion

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Formula Junior discussion
From: "EHSMITH.US.ORACLE.COM" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Sep 97 14:02:17 -0700
Was surfin' the web looking at vintage racecar classified and came on this
message posted by this gentleman of BDRacing.  He advertises many vintage
racecars for sale including FJs and had made this post in the Open Forum
section of his website. His site is www.bdracing.com   I thought I'd put
this
and my queried response out to this group to get other opinions........

Thanks

Posted by Bill Dolson on August 24, 1997 at 15:20:05:

I have some real concerns about the future of Historic Formula Junior
racing, at least in North America. The number of Juniors which appear
on the grid has been consistently dropping and I see no real efforts
or interest in reversing the trend. These are superb cars and the
Junior Market is very depressed at the moment.
What can be done to revive Formula Junior here?

Posted by Ted Smith on September 10, 1997 at 15:10:29:

on August 24, 1997 at 15:20:05:

I've begun to look for a FJ, specifically to help insure a spot at the
Monterey Historics when I can't get in with my B/P
Corvette. Steve Earle seems to always run FJ's. I hope the class survives
but
when I look at the asking prices of FJ's vs.
FFords I can see why the Fords are more popular. Perhaps what is happening
is
that the prices for FJ's are artificially high
and as economic forces drive prices down, the interest will go back up.

Any other opinions?