Re: The Current State Ñ Part II

To: AREastman@aol.com
Subject: Re: The Current State Ñ Part II
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:28:11 -0700
It's always a pleasure to read anything you have written Art.  Always
well thought out and beautifully expressed.  quite a gift.

Thanks for passing along the vision of the future you were the recipient
of.  While it was painfull to read, it certainly rang true to whats
going on.  I'm one of the middle ground guys, too young to properly
appreciate the pre-war cars because they are not part of my youth but
too old to understand why we start seeing stuff like last season's
NASCAR rides touted as vintage.

I tend to agree somewhat with the writer that we are doomed to some form
of progress.  So few things in life remain as they were a few years
ago.  Consequently we'll see the oldest cars retired(along with the
drivers) and the mean age of our race cars slowly move forward.  Where I
fall off the sled is why this progression alone means that the cars and
drivers move more strongly to the examples of incorrect cars, overly
prepared.  IMHO even HSR would have full grids if they required at least
period legal cars, afterall, where would those guys go to race
otherwise?

mike jackson