Re: corrected forwarded message from A2002babe

To: Jarl&Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: corrected forwarded message from A2002babe
From: Barton Spencer Brown <bartbrn@Concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:11:17 +0000
PMJI, Jarl, old cheppie, but posting a private email without permission
is not only unbelievably rude (although I'm sure you *knew* that); in
some states and provinces it's possible grounds for legal action. If
your correspondent wants to insult you in private, that's between the
two of you to work out. If you choose to post her comments without her
permission -- even if the justification for doing so is to make yourself
look like a brave, clean, thrifty, and reverent fellow by comparison --
then you have at the very least committed a breach of TOS on every ISP,
newsgroup, and DL *I've* ever heard of, and made a private argument an
unnecessary and malicious public disruption in this DL.

Quite frankly (IMHO, of course), your actions here only serve to
reinforce everything that was said in the illegal repost about your
attitude. You may well be "grown up enough to keep [your] language
clean", but apparently you're not grown up enough to follow the rules.
If your correspondent doesn't report this incident to team.net, pacbell,
and AOL, I most certainly will.

Bart Brown