Re: What is Vintage/Glasspar?

To: glasspar@primenet.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is Vintage/Glasspar?
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 10:26:16 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Robert,
Good to hear that you are considering going vintage racing! In our group
(CVAR in Texas), we have a group your car could race in. With the 1966 engine
(I assume a 289 V-8) it could be run in our vintage (up to 1961) class as a
sports-racer if the following criteria were met: 1. The engine must have
period carburetion. A single Holley would do (came out n 1958) or better,
three deuces. The engine is OK because the small-block Ford was out in 1961
in 260" form, and sports-racers were allowed to bore out engines at that
time. The year of tranny and rear end are not a big deal, as the 9" Ford was
out in the late 1950's. Wheels should be no wider than 6" wide and tires must
be 60-series or taller treaded ones. Body should be stock with no flares or
spoilers allowed. The engine should be modified with period speed equipment
and look correct. Brakes must be drum at all four corners (any model - Alfins
OK) unless you can doccument a Glasspar (any Glasspar) that was fitted with
disc brakes prior to 1961, in which case you can duplicate what they ran. Let
me know how this progresses!
Harold Pace
Glasspar fan