Re: Monterey Historics [and popping out of 2nd]

To: carterh@crl.com
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics [and popping out of 2nd]
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:42:26 -0400 (EDT)
I've raced in literally 100s of vintage races all over the country in the
last 15 years and The Chicago Historics (under any name) is the premier event
in the country.

There is simply no comparison between Elkhart in July and The Monterey
Historics. Elkhart is for the racers, we are the honored guests and what a
weekend!!  Monterey is staged to fill Steve Earles wallet and the drivers are
a necessary evil.

I started this thread and maybe its time to put it to bed, its becoming
personal. Anyone who wants to try to plan next years race schedule around the
possibility that Earle may "accept" you--- be my guest.

DonSF