Re: open trailers

To: Jack Rubin <jrubin@ryr.com>
Subject: Re: open trailers
From: mike & jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 16:46:15 +0100
I've towed with a tilt bed trailer for 10 years.
2 downsides I've seen, 1: even as an open trailer you may not be able to
drive the car onto it but rather have to winch it on which is a pain in the
neck - my car only weighs about 1200 lbs but has to be pushed or winched
on - it may be possible to drive on but I never could.
2: they sometimes tilt partway back down after the front wheels are on and
partway up but the rears are still on the pavement which makes the
body/ramp part tilt up and hit the car just ahead of the rear wheels.
I now use a small hydralic jack to keep the bed from tilting at all untill
front and rears are on.
I'm not sure if I'd have another.
Mike