Re: SU carb swirl pots and supply pressure

To: ensgwo@bath.ac.uk, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SU carb swirl pots and supply pressure
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 06:54:14 -0400 (EDT)
I run 1.75 SU's on my TR3 vintage racer.  Run pressure control at 3 psi.
 Have no idea about flow rate.  One thing I have found necessary is a
vibration damper mount.  I made my own from aluminum stock and a 2" ID
O-ring.  Similar in nature to the ones available commercially for Webers.
 Replace the pressed composite spacer with the aluminum/O-ring.  Also need
longer studs with springs under the nuts.  Found shortened sections of TR
overdrive springs work very well. Otherwise, vibration would keep fuel
shutoff needle valve open and fuel would pour through into my overflows.
 Could feel it in performance loss also.  If you need more detail, give me a
call or e-mail.   419-886-2236.  John Harkness.