Re: 1972 Honda sports car

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1972 Honda sports car
From: pmeis@bgsm.edu (paul meis)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:19:36 -0400 (EDT)

>To:Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
>From:pmeis@bgsm.edu (paul meis)
>Subject:Re: 1972 Honda sports car
>
>>I met a guy today who has a little Honda 1972 sports car.  He has no idea
>>where
>>to find parts or information and he is computer deprived.  If anyone has info
>>on this car or a web site reference, please send me a note. I am trying
>>to help
>>him out.  I tried a web search for Honda and got over 10K random places.  If
>>anyone has the model name that may help.
>>Thanks Jim

The car is undoubtedly an AZ600 coupe, two cylinder, air cooled. I run one
as my daily driver and it's an amusing little car. The S-600 and S-800
finished production in 1970 and were never imported by Honda. My son and I
have raced S-800's in vintage events for the past ten years, and they are
competive Small Bore cars. The N600 sedan and AZ600 coupe were Honda's
first official imports. The Honda 600 guru on the East coast is Mike
O'Connor, in Statesville NC, Ph 704-871-1951. The West coast guru is Miles
Chapel in Felton CA. He can be reached at Z600Guru@aol.com. If your friend
wants to contact me for any advice: Ph. 910-716-4615, (day) or
910-724-9540, (nights).
Paul Meis, Team Escargot
69 NTM-Honda D-sports racer
72 Honda AZ600 coupe, (the bad ride in microcars)