reply to Andrew Pursey

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: reply to Andrew Pursey
From: unitedps@mozcom.com (Marc Ablaza)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:25:28 +0800 (HKT)
Dear Andrew,
Thanks for the reply and the encouragement for our new project.  It seems
that in the U.S. of A., there are no 914s accepted in vintage racing,
especially in the West Coast.
As far as I know, they allow 911s but how come 914s are not allowed to race
in vintage racing events?  Don't 914s make good racers because of the
mid-engine configuration and the relative ease of maintaining the engine.
The only reason we decided to race a 914 in the Philippines is the fact
that the 914 comes from the VW family (engine) and that the 914 is also a
sports car made by Porsche.  Another reason is the relative eae of
maintaining the engine and other components.
Just the same, we are pushing through with the project because we have been
given the go signal by the Manila Sports Car Club and we have been classed
together with the MGBs, 356s, 911s, TR4s (I believe this is class D)
Anyway, goodluck on your new job.  As they say,  " they will come..."  I
hope it turns out for the better.
Thanks again

Marc