Porsche 914 in Historics

To: "'Marc Ablaza'" <unitedps@mozcom.com>,
Subject: Porsche 914 in Historics
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 22:35:24 +1000
Marc, you wrote....

"It seems that in the U.S. of A., there are no 914s accepted in vintage =
racing, especially in the West Coast.
As far as I know, they allow 911s but how come 914s are not allowed to =
race in vintage racing events?"

Here in Australia, CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motor Sport) =
Historic introduced a new category for 1997.  This was Group Sc - =
Production Sports Cars (1970-1977).  I won't give the complete list of =
eligible vehicles (email me direct if you want the lot), but the Porsche =
entries comprise:  911 up to 3-litre, 914, 916, 924 and 928.  At present =
the only log-booked Sc car is a Datsun 240Z, driven by Bruce Richardson, =
but more cars are in preparation for the second half of the season.

Maybe your Dad should come down here for a race in the 914, bring the =
Beetle as well to run in Group N.  Hope the project goes well - if your =
club in the Philippines needs any other info re Australian Groups S =
(Sports Cars) and N (Saloons), please email me.

.....regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey
....1954 Morris Oxford, 1955 Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na pre'58 =
Classic Saloons), 1955 Morris Isis, 1956 Morris Isis (almost daily =
driver), plus 1996 SAAB 900S Coupe (more trouble in under 500 miles than =
any LBC - if this is typical of the marque, don't buy a SAAB)=20

=00